Set in Caltagirone‘s historic center, a 5-minute walk from the famous staircase Santa Maria del Monte, decorated ceramic, the landlords Girosa offers free WiFi in rooms and an indoor car park nearby.
Elegant and spacious, each room at Girosa, in the seventeenth century housed a convent of nuns, feature many original details and feature air conditioning and private bathroom. Some also include a small kitchenette.
Each morning a sweet buffet breakfast, including a selection of products.
All churches, monuments and the Caltagirone museums are within walking distance from Girosa, situated along the main street of the city. The train station and bus station, and Gravina Hospital are 5 minutes away by car.
The hotel staff will be happy to help you book a taxi service and organize guided visits to Piazza Armerina and Caltagirone, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Bed-Breakfast was also awarded the quality mark Ruralità Mediterranea by the European Union. On request, an airport transfer service is available.
The land where the building is located, was originally the garden of the ancient monastery of Santo Stefano, inhabited by Franciscan nuns.
The monastery was built in the sixteenth century, but following the earthquake that hit Caltagirone in 1693, was renovated by ‘architect F. Battaglia of Catania, in 1760.
Inside the monastery there is a ceiling with roses decorated with painting on wood.
In 1946 the master blacksmith Giuseppe Guerrera has acquired part of the abbey grounds and made it the family residence and the seat of his workshop.
The building that houses the guest house has been well renovated keeping the original architecture faith and offers hospitality in comfortable rooms furnished with care.